Businesses and Multifamily
Here are some helpful websites to help you become more green!
- CalRecycle is the state’s leading authority on recycling, waste reduction, and product reuse. Officially known as the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, CalRecycle plays an important role in the stewardship of California’s vast resources and promotes innovation in technology to encourage economic and environmental sustainability. CalRecycle has assembled resources to help businesses and multi-family unit owners learn what to do. A good place to start is with the Climate Change Calculator at: http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/climate/calculator/
- Earth911 has many great tips for recycling at home and work.
- Going Green on Campus to gives college students and college campuses resources and ideas to cultivate a greener, happier, healthier world.
- Food Finders is a multiregional food bank and food rescue program headquartered in Signal Hill, CA.We pick up donated food from hundreds of local grocery stores, bakeries, restaurants and produce markets and distribute it directly to missions, shelters and social service agencies to feed the needy and impoverished. Our volunteers and staff drivers pick up and deliver on a same-day basis. On average, Food Finders helps provide enough food for 39,000 meals a day, reducing the amount of food insecurity and food waste prevalent throughout Southern California. Food Finders Brochure
- http://www.pinterest.com/lacitysan/ is the pinterest page for Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation ( or LASan for short). Their page is loaded ideas to get you going “green” in no time!
- http://www.pinterest.com/LARA_pins/ is LARA official Pinterest Page, take a look at our board to find great ideas on recycling, upcycling, gardening, and more!